Lone Parents

This section talks about your legal rights, social welfare for single mothers and where you can get more advice.

Financial Assistance For Single Parents

If you are single different financial benefits are available to you. These include Child Benefit and One-Parent Family Payment (otherwise known as Lone Parents) from the Department of Social Welfare. You might also qualify for a medical card, rent supplement, back to education allowance or exceptional needs payment.

For more information:

  • One-Parent Family payment – Sligo, College Rd, Sligo. LoCall 1890 50 00 00
  • Family Income Supplement – Ballinalee Rd, Longford. Call 01 7043481 043 40000
  • Child Benefit – St Oliver Plunkett Rd, Letterkenny. LoCall 1890 400 400

If you want further information on any of the above, the Citizen’s Information Centre offers free, confidential and impartial information on all your rights and entitlements.

For links to advice and support organisation see Where To Go Section