This is not an option for young people. A combination of methods is used to determine the days in the month when a women can become pregnant (ovulation). A women keep a daily record of body temperature, changes in cervical mucus and length of menstrual cycle. Sex can then be avoided on those days.
- There are no medical side effects as no hormones or devices are used
- Natural methods are accepted by all faiths and cultures
- It is completely natural
- Natural methods don’t protect against sexually transmitted infections
- Requires a motivated, committed couple
- Only suitable for women with regular periods
- Need training from a specialis natural planning teacher
- Natural methods take time to learn
Natural Methods of contraception do not protect against sexually transmitted infections.