Location: Port Rd (opposite An Grianan Theatre), Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
Phone: 00353 (0)74 9124985
Women’s Health & Family Planning Clinic
The women’s health and family planning clinics in the Women’s Centre takes place twice a week in the evenings. The clinics provide information, advice and supply all types of contraception. In addition to this all women’s health issues are dealt with in a private and confidential manner. Doctors, nurses and reception staff are all female. All information given is strictly confidential. Cervical screening is free to all women. Wheelchair access from the rear of the Centre.
- Monday and Tuesday from 5pm to 7:30pm. By appointment only.
- Monday – smear clinic with the nurse which includes breast examination, blood pressure, etc. This clinic is free to everyone
- Tuesday – doctor and nurse available and all types of contraception discussed and available and all other issues (eg infertility and endometriosis) are dealt with.
Types of contraception available at the clinic:
All types of contraceptive pills, Dep-provera injections, coils (Mirena/copper), implants (Implanon), emergency contraception and caps/diaphragms. However IUS (Mirena coil), evra patch, Implanon, nova ring are all available by prescription only.
- Preganancy testing (free and available at all times in the centre)
- Cervical screening (smear tests)
- Breast examination
- Post abortion check-ups
- General gynecological advice on topics such as STIs (swabs and urine samples taken if necessary), bleeding problems, menopause, etc
- Infertility advice
- Referrals to out-patient clinics (Gynae, Breast, Colposcopy and Physio)
- Facilities available for children
- Partners, husbands, boyfriends welcome
- Medical card holders receive free consultation and contraceptives
What happens On Your First Visit?
The receptionist will welcome you and will ask you a few questions eg medical history, etc. All the information given by you is private and confidential. You may then be asked to wait a short period of time until the doctor is free.
Health Clinic Fees
- Medical card holder: no charge
- Smear test: free
- Consultation: €20
- IUS (Mirena) insertion €32 (including coil, follow-up checkup and smear)
- IUD (coil) insertion €60 (including 2 consultations and diaphragm)
- Implanon insertion €30 (including follow-up checkup)
- Contraceptive Pills:
- Mercilon: €5
- Cilest: €5
- Femodene: €5
- Trinordiol: €3.50
- Logynon: €3.50
- Minulet: €5
- Noriday: €3.50
- Levonelle: €10
- Depo Provera: €12
- Marviol: €4
- Yasmin: €19.87